What makes someone successful – money, a huge house, a boat, a nice car, expensive jewelry? To be honest, I feel most successful when I spend time with family and good friends (and Backster). I am so blessed to have a wonderful support system that has helped me stay grounded and lifted during difficult decisions, moves across the country, career changes and starting a business during the “Great Recession.”
I have noticed lately that our society has become focused on competition. It makes me sad when people degrade other people to either make themselves appear or feel more successful – I have seen it among chiropractors. Although competition can be healthy, there are plenty of times we become so determined to out-do the next guy that we don’t reach our own dreams or goals. I am the first to admit life can be overwhelming and there are many times I need to sit down and refocus my goals as a chiropractor, husband, son, brother and friend. I was fortunate to attend a seminar this month about the Principles of Success. Now, these principles were directed more towards chiropractic, but as I listened to them, I thought “these can be easily applied to every aspect of life or any career.” I would like to share them with you so you can reach your dreams!
![]() |
| source |
Principles of Success (stated in 1st person)
Paint Your Dream and Plan it!
I was born with a dream. I was born with a GREAT dream! It is a God Given Dream! God would never give anyone a mediocre purpose or dream and I am no exception. It is a dream that motivates me. It inspires me! It excites me! It challenges me! I can hardly wait to see it happen! I realize that without this dream – I perish! Success requires a plan. I will not rely on luck or fate or the lottery. This is not a hope list. I will not wait to see how my future turns out, but instead I create and control my future with a detailed plan.
Love It!
The dream is not just a piece of paper or a statistic. It is not an option. It is not a “new toy.” It is who I am. It lives in my heart and mind as well as on paper. It is the reason I wake up. I am the only one responsible for the results. I understand responsibility and ownership. The fact is my dream is so big it seems impossible at times. But I KNOW: if I believe, ALL things are possible! I must LOVE the dream!
Change for the Dream
If I keep on doing what I am doing I will keep on getting what I am getting. The only way to change what I am getting is to Change what I am doing.
Think Successful
When do we start believing we will and can succeed? The honest answer would be – as soon as we are successful! I must think successful to become successful. Clean the slate in my mind of all resentment, bitterness, hatred and negative prejudice. I want to keep my mind limited to dream thoughts only. I cannot let my mind wander off on possible failures or cliffhangers which produce fear in my heart and cause me to make “chicken” decisions.
Live Inspired – Be Inspiring!
The key word is actually not INSPIRING – it is LIVE! Why? Because, everybody is inspired in certain moments and on certain days. We all have our “moments” of inspiration. I have to go into each day with inspiration and then sustain it throughout the day and into the evening, even when the circumstances aren’t right and even when I don’t feel like it. It has to be the plan -this is a choice that I must continually make. Surrounding myself with inspiring people is another key to living the inspired life.
I must be coachable!
To become a success, I must surround myself with successful people and copy them! I will get an amazing mind from listening to amazing thinkers. No one gets to the moon by themselves, I have to choose to mentor, choose to be partnered, choose to be coached, and choose a team to listen to.
Develop the Constancy of Purpose
To Become Amazing Requires TIME! Amazing isn’t INSTANT! Success takes time. Success takes doing the right things over and over for a long period of time. The Secret to success is The Constancy of Purpose.
![]() |
| source |


No comments:
Post a Comment